María is an associate lawyer at BAYLOS since 2014. She advices her clients on Intellectual Property Rights and Unfair Competition matters. She specializes in lawsuits in these fields and more specifically in trademark matters, both in civil and criminal law. Her practice focuses on the textile sector, the jewellery business, beverages etc. Her professional activity also includes consultancy on contracts and pre-lawsuit matters and on customs procedures.
- Degree in Law by the Complutense University of Madrid (2013).
- Master's Degree in Intellectual Property Rights and New Technologies at the Autonomous University of Madrid (2013-2014).
- In addition to this, she has completed several specialization courses on Procedural Law in relation with Intellectual Property in the Escuela de Práctica Jurídica (Legal Practice School) of the Complutense University of Madrid and on Intellectual Property Rights, organised by the Instituto de Autor together with the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO).
- Practicing lawyer since 2014.
- Member of the Official Illustrious Lawyers' Association of Madrid.
- Member of the ex- Alumni Association of AMPI-UAM (Master's Degree in Intellectual Property and New Technologies of the Universidad Autónoma of Madrid)
- Author of the article "Private Copy and Piracy: two enemies doomed to get along?" (Legal Journal of the Universidad Autónoma of Madrid, number 29, 2014).
- Coauthor of the article Google: The right to be forgotten (Minutes Book Recent Developments in European Intellectual Property Law, 2014).
Publications on the Blog
El Supremo se pronuncia sobre los porcentajes derivados de la compensación equitativa por copia privada
El Tribunal Supremo, mediante su Sentencia de 30 de septiembre de 2020, anula el artículo 4.1 a) del Real Decreto 1398/2018, en el que se fijaba el sistema de distribución porcentual de la compensación equitativa por co…
Legal problems affecting the popular app Tik Tok
There are countless smartphone applications that have served as entertainment during these months. However, the most downloaded among the youngest, with over 500 million users, is the Chinese application…
The GCEU considers that the trademark “Cannabis Store Amsterdam” is against public policy
On 19 December 2016 Ms. Santa Conte applied for the registration of the EU figurative trademark No 16.176.968 'CANNABIS STORE AMSTERDAM', for Classes 30 (bakery products, confectionery, chocolate and desserts,…
David GómezManaging Partner — Madrid
Paloma ArribasPartner — Madrid
Juan Luis GraciaPartner — Madrid
Pedro Merino BaylosPartner — Madrid
Fernando RodríguezPartner — Madrid
Alberto CasadoOf Counsel — Madrid
Fabrizio MiazzettoOf Counsel — Madrid
Mauricio TroncosoOf Counsel — Madrid
Rodrigo AhijónAssociate — Madrid
Marta ArteagaAssociate — Madrid
Ernesto CebolleroAssociate — Madrid
Pedro GómezAssociate — Madrid
Patricia GuillénASSOCIATE — Madrid
Cristina IglesiasAssociate — Madrid
Mª Elena Juan SernaAssociate — Madrid
Isabel MercadoAssociate — Madrid
María MolinaAssociate — Madrid
Davinia PérezAssociate — Madrid
Helena SassoliAssociate — Madrid
Morgan SchaafAssociate — Madrid
Ramón SeoaneAssociate — Madrid
Leticia CarrascoParalegal — Madrid
Virginia MartinParalegal — Madrid
Beatriz PuyolADMINISTRATION — Madrid
Sonia RamosOffice Manager — Madrid
Lydia RodriguezAdministration — Madrid
Raúl SánchezCHIEF OPERATING OFFICER — Madrid