Paloma is partner at BAYLOS since 2019. She previously worked at ALBIÑANA & SUÁREZ DE LEZO, ABRIL ABOGADOS, IECISA (Informática El Corte Inglés) and PONS IP advising and developing consultancy projects in national and international companies, acquiring an extensive experience in all aspects related to information technology, data protection, Internet, e-commerce, industrial and intellectual property law including: defining and implementing data protection policies in companies, drafting trade-secret protocols, analyzing, auditing and organizing intellectual property portfolios (trademarks, domain names, patents, designs, trade-secrets, copyrights, software) and advising in technology agreements (software, housing, hosting, etc). Her experience at law firms and IT consulting companies provides her with a broad knowledge of the clients’ organization, allowing her to adapt her advice to its processes and offering useful solutions to protecting its assets. She has wide experience advising mass media and digital companies, marketplaces, e-commerce, B2B and B2C business. From the IT and Data Protection area at BAYLOS, Paloma develops projects aimed to improve the clients compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Spanish Data Protection Law and advises about the implementation of these new regulations. She is certified Data Protection Officer by the Spanish Data Protection Authority (AEPD), she leads with procedures before Spanish Data Protection Authority and the courts, and in general, advises on the protection of information and intangible assets rights.
- Bachelor's Degree in Law at University of Valladolid (2001)
- Practicing lawyer since 2006
- Postgraduate Course on Commercial Law at CEF (2014)
- Certified Data Protection Officer (CDPD) by Spanish Data Protection Authority (2019).
- Certified Data Privacy Professional (CDPP) by ISMS Forum and Data Privacy Institute (2019).
- Member of the Madrid Bar Association (Spain).
- Member of DENAE (Entertainment Lawyers Association)
- Member of ASEDA (IP professionals Association)
Author of many articles and regular contributor with specialized media.
- “Moral Rights and economic rights of engineering works”. Contribution to the book “Engineering and Copyright”. Intellectual Property Collection Ed. Reus.
- “Sociedad General de Autores y Editores v Padawan S.L."(Part I and Part II).E-Commerce Law Reports, volume 10 issue 03 and 06. Year 2010.
- “Architectural work as artistic creation. Public utility versus copyright" (part 2). Comments to the Audiencia Provincial de Vizcaya Resolution of 10 March 2009”. Industrial Property and Competition Law Communications. Nº 54 (April-June 2009). Instituto de derecho y Ética Industrial.
- “Architectural work as artistic creation. Public utility versus copyright”. With Ignacio Temiño Ceniceros. Industrial Property and Competition Law Communications. Nº 50 (April-June 2008). Instituto de derecho y Ética Industrial.
- “ZUBI ZURI”. Marcasur (2008).
Regular speaker in courses and conferences.
- Lecturer in Postgraduate Course Intellectual Property Rights .Universidad Complutense (Madrid, Spain).
- Lecturer in LL.M. Intellectual Property. Universidad Carlos III (Madrid, Spain).
- Lecturer in LL.M. Intellectual Property. Universidad Autónoma (Madrid, Spain).
- Lecturer in LL.M. Intellectual Property. ISDE. (Madrid, Spain).
Publications on the Blog
Nueva hornada de cookies
O el por qué desde el 31 de octubre nos inundan de información al entrar en una página web. La Agencia Española de Protección de Datos (AEPD) tiene atribuidas competencias respecto al control del cumplimiento del Regl…
David GómezManaging Partner — Madrid
Paloma ArribasPartner — Madrid
Juan Luis GraciaPartner — Madrid
Pedro Merino BaylosPartner — Madrid
Fernando RodríguezPartner — Madrid
Alberto CasadoOf Counsel — Madrid
Fabrizio MiazzettoOf Counsel — Madrid
Mauricio TroncosoOf Counsel — Madrid
Rodrigo AhijónAssociate — Madrid
Marta ArteagaAssociate — Madrid
Ernesto CebolleroAssociate — Madrid
Pedro GómezAssociate — Madrid
Patricia GuillénASSOCIATE — Madrid
Cristina IglesiasAssociate — Madrid
Mª Elena Juan SernaAssociate — Madrid
Isabel MercadoAssociate — Madrid
María MolinaAssociate — Madrid
Davinia PérezAssociate — Madrid
Helena SassoliAssociate — Madrid
Morgan SchaafAssociate — Madrid
Ramón SeoaneAssociate — Madrid
Leticia CarrascoParalegal — Madrid
Virginia MartinParalegal — Madrid
Beatriz PuyolADMINISTRATION — Madrid
Sonia RamosOffice Manager — Madrid
Lydia RodriguezAdministration — Madrid
Raúl SánchezCHIEF OPERATING OFFICER — Madrid